Get your copy of “Free Range Learning.”
Get your copy of “Tending.”
- agribusiness animal relations beekeeping cattle challenges children community compassion eating economy farming frugality gardening grassfed gratitude hope kitchen arts learning local food mindfulness nature optimism poem real wealth rural life sarcasm self-reliance simple living sustainability weeds
- Bring Back The Sharing Shed
- Even Frugal Has Limits
- Boris the Duck Gets By With A Little Help From A Friend
- Canning, Drying, Freezing- Oh My!
- Eat The Raspberries
- Yonder Basement Window Glows Strangely Pink
- Kindness In Trying Times
- Slushy Day To Play
- Two-Ingredient GF Vegan Buckwheat Bread
- Mow Less, Save Nature
Visit Farm Wench’s main site
Top Posts & Pages
Category Archives: mindfulness
Attracting more songbirds results in more of something. What? Continue reading
Imagine what we leave behind is a fingerprint of energy. Continue reading
Putting food by teaches us what it must have been like for generations before us. It may tell us why they feasted at the holidays too. Continue reading
Antidote to pressure and stress is nearby, wherever nature is found. It’s called awe. Continue reading
We tend to think of nature as separate. We imagine spending time “out there” hiking in some remote wilderness, drinking from mountain streams and observing creatures that have never faced highway traffic. There, in a place far from our busy lives, we might find peace, tranquility and some kind of deep connection to what is real.
If. We. Just. Found. Time. To. Get. There.
That’s part of the problem. Continue reading
In our too often rushed and media-narrated lives, more time to shell peas on a porch might be just the peaceful interlude we all need. Continue reading